Thursday, July 22, 2010

Day 2 in Cairo





Today we went to see the pyramids. My first comment was wow, they are big. I don't think it is possible to understand just how big they are from the photos, you have to stand beside it to really understand. We walked all around the three pyramids and the sphinx. They are absolutely incredible. It is hard to imagine how exactly they were built thousands of years ago. I just can't believe it that they are so old. I also rode a camel around the largest pyramid- that was cool! They stand up from the back legs first so you feel like you are going to fall off for a second and the ride is surprisingly bumpy- not nearly as smooth as a horse ride.

3 comments:

  1. Wow - I love the blog! Thanks for sharing your adventure ... wish I could be there to join you, but through your words & photos I feel like I am there too! This is AMAZING :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture of you on the camel looks SO Photoshopped! In fact, I'm going to save it for when I have some extra time. Maybe change the background to Machu Picchu or something!

    Awesome start on the blog. I'm going to check every day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, are those my sunglasses you're wearing?

    ReplyDelete