Friday, August 13, 2010

Back to Jerusalem





I took a bus back from Nazareth to Jerusalem first thing in the morning, not so bad because I slept. Once I arrived, I spent several hours walking around the Old City. I just love it there, I wish I could move there. But, visiting is nice too! I went to Mt. Zion where I saw the tomb of King David, the room where the Last Supper was held and the Dormition Church, where the Virgin Mary died. My favorite here is the room of the Last Supper- it was a strange feeling to be in there, maybe somber is the way to describe it, to stand where Jesus at his last meal with his disciples. After Mt. Zion, I went to the Western Wall- the holiest site in the world for Jewish people. I think very few times in my life have I ever seen a place affect people so deeply. They say that the Holy Spirit never leaves that place, and I think they are right. The Temple Mount/Dome on the Rock is just stunning from the outside, but I couldn't go in because only Muslims can enter the mosque. The mosque houses the rock where Muhammad ascended to heaven. It is an amazing feeling to be standing in the Old City. Within these small walls, the holiest sites for Christians, Jews and Muslims live. This place is very alive. First photo is of the Temple Mount, second two are of the Western Wall and the last one is of the room of the Last Supper. Feels like home here.

No comments:

Post a Comment